jQuery 1.11.1 and 2.1.1 Released
Ah, the air is sweet with the scent of spring and new jQuery 1.11.1 and 2.1.1 are in bloom. These are minor patch releases and shouldn’t pose any major compatibility issues. Throw a Cinco de Mayo party and have your friends come over to test. If you dig up a problem, let us know at bugs.jquery.com, and be sure to provide a simple test case using jsfiddle.net or jsbin.com to demonstrate the problem.
You can include these files directly from the jQuery CDN if you like, or copy them to your own local server. The 1.x branch includes support for IE 6/7/8 and the 2.x branch does not.
The Google and Microsoft CDNs will be getting their copies today just like you did, so please give them a few days to post the files and don’t be impatient. If you’re anxious to get a quick start, just use the files on our CDN until they have a chance to post.
Minified files (for production use) and map files (for debugging) are also available. If you want to use the map file for debugging the minified code, copy the minified file and add a
//# sourceMappingURL comment to the end of the file.
Many thanks to all of you who participated in this release by testing, reporting bugs, or submitting patches, including Benjy Cui, Christian Kosmowski, Jason Frank, Julian Aubourg, Jens Simon, John Hoven, John Madhavan-Reese, Jonathan Sampson, Jörn Zaefferer, Leo Balter, Louis-Rémi Babé, Michał Gołębiowski, Oleg Gaidarenko, Philip Jägenstedt, R.G. Otten, Rhys Evans, Richard Gibson, Rick Waldron, Rob Graeber, Rodrigo Rosas, Roman Reiß, S. Andrew Sheppard, Scott González, and Timmy Willison.
Here are the changes since the last official releases (1.11.0 and 2.1.0):
Common to jQuery 1.11.1 and 2.1.1
- #14798: Define bower.json#main for all tags
- #14859: Custom Build: custom AMD name doesn’t work
- #14917: 1.8.3+1 missing jquery.js
- #15020: npm install from git master fails
- #14179: $.isNumeric returns true if argument is an array that contains one integer
- #14687: note on AMD best practices
- #14785: Broken again when transforming XHTML to XHTML (creating XML-DOM) via clientside XSLT
- #14802: User defined onready function on the window is triggered when jQuery is present on the page
- #14882: document.ready doesn’t fire in iOS7 for jQuery loaded after window load event fires
- #14750: $.show() after $.hide() sometimes does not restore the correct display style
- #14792: Inconsistent .css(‘font-weight’) return values
- #14888: Add flexbox properties to jQuery.cssNumber to avoid adding “px”
- #15016: Chrome 34 returns ‘auto’ via getComputedStyle when ‘widows’ property is set to 0
- #14894: IE11: exception when calling $.fn.data() on the body element when it has an ‘onpageshow’ attribute
- #14824: jQuery v1.11 and v2.1 slideUp and slideDown not respecting css display property on non-block elements
- #13997: stopImmediatePropagation doesn’t stop DOM added event listeners
- #14741: Improve compatibility with Pointer Events
- #14791: Triggering beforeunload throws exception
- #14746: Remove special case try/catch in isPlainObject
- #14794: String.prototype.trim doesn’t trim Unicode whitespaces in Android <4.1