This Week in jQuery, vol. 8
Another week, another collection of links to some of the most interesting and exciting new jQuery happenings around the web.
If you have ever used a regular expression tool to highlight character matches in real time, then you’ll jump for joy when I tell you about the Interactive jQuery selector tester written by Samuli KÃ¤rkkÃ¤inen. You enter a selector expression, and in real time you get to see the elements in the DOM structure that have been selected. I can see this being very handy for complex expressions or for optimizing expressions down to the simplest solution.
Also, in case you didn’t notice, the second maintenance release for jQuery UI 1.7 is out.
Articles this Week
- Setting and clearing Cookies are easy with jQuery. Check out this article that details the use of the jQuery cookie plugin.
- Brian Reindel tells us about Sending an XML document object to PHP with jQuery.
- I’m sure most of us are aware of the new jQuery tools. Here is a short chat with the author, Tero Piirainen.
Tutorials this Week
- Noah Hendrix posted an excellent tutorial on NETTUTS about Using jQuery To Manipulate and Filter Data.
- Back from a small hiatus is Remy Sharp, with a new jQuery for Designers post dealing with scrolling carousels. As usual, he provides an excellent screencast to complement the tutorial.
Plugins this Week
- A new jQuery mp3 player hit the streets, jPlayer! It’s also Themeroller ready!
- Need to re-skin the browser default UI forms? Check out the uniform jQuery plugin. It might just help you realize the dream of making web forms look the same across all browsers.
- If your cup of tea is dealing with mouse gestures, then you’ll be glad to know that there is now a SUPER Gestures plugin. Its SUPER!
- SWFUpload + jQuery = SWFUpload jQuery Plugin.
Pulled from my own personal archives. I bring you $.event.special.hover which is an alternative to Brain Cherne’s popular hoverIntent plugin. You may or may not have missed this plugin, but regardless, it’s certainly worth a first look, or second.
What’s a week of jQuery news without a lightbox thickbox super window modal dialog thingy kabob doodad solution?
SuperBox and jOverlay, welcome to the crowd! Nice to have you.
jQuery Gossip/Rumor Mill
It’s possible that you might be seeing several team members, if not John Resig himself, talking at the up and coming devdays. And the really juicy part is they might be wearing a DEVO red energy dome.
jQuery Quote of the Week
The NETTUTS link seems dead.
Pingback: This Week in jQuery, vol. 8 | Object | Ajax Guru – How to Ajax
Yay, my super gestures plugin made the list!
Btw the link should be http://www.evanbot.com/article/super-gestures-jquery-plugin/22 not http://www.evanbot.com/article/super-gestures-jquery-plugin/22?dzref=191392
It appears as though the news section on the front page of the jquery site never updates. It would be great to be able to see if there are any new blog posts from the front page rather than having to go to the blog.
Pingback: This Week in jQuery, vol. 8 | VishwaTech IT News
Thanks for the link to the interview. jQuery Tools is really awesome.
I translate to Russian language at jQueryS.ru
anyone have idea about the fireUnit plugin?
Thanks for jQuery Tools is really wonderful.
Many thanks JQuery
JQuery Very helpful and useful Solution for Website Development
Lot’s of good stuff here. I like that interactive regexp tool!
Great to see the final Vol.8 released
Never thought jquery will have jPlayer for jQuery mp3 player.
CSS3 + jQyery powered site:
I do appreciate a lot your effort to give jquery a much-needed â€œofficialâ€ widgets collection, but the cross browser compatibility should be among the top places in your priority list.
I’m interested in jQuery. This site is very impressive.I’ve just donated money for the site.