We’re pleased to announce that jQuery 1.8.2 is available! This version fixes several bugs and performance regressions reported from the past couple of releases, and we think the 1.8 line is pretty solid at this point. The only way to know for sure that it works with your code is to test it–so please do!
- http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.8.2.min.js (compressed, for production)
- http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.8.2.js (uncompressed, for debugging)
As always, we have put out the jQuery-shaped signal lights; the master control centers at the Google and Microsoft CDNs are on high alert and will soon post these files. For immediate relief, please use the copies above. If you find a problem, please post a bug report and be sure to include a test case from jsfiddle.net or jsbin.com.
Many thanks to the patch contributors for this version; ye shall know them by their GitHub handles: timmywil, gibson042, rwldrn, joyvuu-dave, jaubourg, staabm, and sindresorhus. In addition, we thank all the community members who took the time to contribute quality bug reports with test cases. Your initial groundwork makes it possible for us to find and fix bugs.
jQuery 1.8.2 Change Log
- #12521: Deferred.promise( target) only works fine when typeof( target)=='object'
- #12423: jQuery breaks with Comcast Protection Guard and any anti-keylogging protection software on IE7+
- #12436: Performance degradation with delegate events and pseudo-classes
- #12229: Some inconsistencies/optimizations
- #12534: .offset() throws an error on BlackBerry5 and iOS3
- #12536: Make .offset() calc less wrong on browsers w/o getBoundingClientRect
- #12303: Attribute selector fails if the attribute value contains :first :last
- #12337: :nth-child selector not accurate after new child element added
- #12361: seleter has bug
- #12448: :contains() edge case throwing an error
- #12492: In textarea focus event handler, $(this).is(':focus') == false in Chrome & Safari
- #12523: JQuery renders line breaks as text nodes
- #12526: :last selector fails to find a match
- #12541: 1.8.0 and 1.8.1: Double :not() selector fails in IE6/7
- #12572: :contains breaks searching iframes v1.8
- #12474: Using find on a collection with append does not return the correct elements