jQuery 1.11.0 RC1 and 2.1.0 RC1 Released
We’re just about ready for the final release of jQuery 1.11 and 2.1! Before we release, we’d like you to sanity-check our work. It will save us both a bunch of work if you check things out now, rather than waiting for a release. If something’s not right, we can fix it before millions of people have to deal with it!
Testing is easy, just use one of these files on the jQuery CDN:
We’ve also published the files on npm for those of you using that for dependency management. This version should work properly with browserify.
This version is mainly about fixing bugs and supporting more dependency managers, so you shouldn’t expect to see compatibility issues if you’ve already migrated to 1.9 or higher. But that’s why we’re putting out a release candidate, we want this to be as stable as possible. If you do see problems, please report them at bugs.jquery.com.
Go forth and test!
Common to both jQuery 1.11 RC1 and jQuery 2.1 RC1
- #14036: ajaxLocation Includes HTTP Basic Authentication Info
- #14356: Remove string indexing used in AJAX
- #14379: Issue with xhr.js
- #12757: Enforce style guide via build process
- #13983: Switch to //# for sourcemap directives
- #14016: Include a build option for customizing exports
- #14113: AMD-ify jQuery source
- #14118: Use bower to include Sizzle and QUnit (remove submodules)
- #14163: Make Deferreds/Callbacks/.ready() optional modules
- #14415: Remove sourcemap comment
- #14450: Remove CommonJS+AMD syntax from source
- #14451: Add bower and npm registrations to release script
- #14504: Build: Upgrade to grunt-contrib-jshint 0.7.1 and squash subtasks
- #14615: Manage bower dependencies with grunt-bowercopy
- #14164: Reduce forced layout reflows in init or methods
- #14492: parseJSON incorrectly accepts comma expressions
- #14548: npm jQuery does not have a main module
- #14549: npm jQuery does not expose the jQuery function, but instead a wierd factory
- #14645: Remove global exposure for CommonJS environments with a document
- #14150: IE9-10 curCSS => “Interface not supported” in for popups (and probably frames)
- #14394: style=”x: y !important;” doesn’t get changed when calling el.css(x, z) in Chrome and Safari but it works in Firefox
- #14101: Version 1.10 .data() differs from 1.8 when getting data from non-existent object
- #14459: data-* attribute parsing bypasses jQuery.parseJSON (inconsistent with 1.x)
- #13993: .triggerHandler doesn’t return value from handler for DOM0 events
- #14180: focusin/out special events don’t work cross-window
- #14282: Don’t call getPreventDefault() if there is a defaultPrevented property
- #14142: Wrong number of elements returned in XML document with numeric IDs in Safari
- #14351: Exception thrown when running `find` in a non-attached DOM node
- #14381: .add() throws “no such interface” in IE when adding nodes from another window
- #14535: Selection fails in IE11 when the last context is a no-longer-present iframe document
- #14584: Attribute Ends With case-insensitive in some IE8
- #10814: make support as lazy as possible with closure in mind
- #14084: elem.css(‘width’) provides incorrect output with `box-sizing: border-box` if run before document ready
- #14401: Error when loading a page with application/xhtml+xml
- #14496: jQuery 2.1.0-beta1 fails to initialize in a XHTML page
jQuery 1.11 RC1
- #13240: IE8 Doesn’t support HTTP PATCH method
- #14475: Local Ajax requests don’t work in IE 11 (ActiveXObject checking in jQuery fails)
- #14074: jQuery 1 throws an error on window ready when there is an element in the DOM with the id ‘nodeName’
Thanks for new release guys. jQuery has helped me a lot, greatest library of this decade.
Thank you Guys for all great work you do!
You keep improving it, which is awesome.
Question: if everything will be fine with this RC, can we expect a final release by the end of the month ?
Thank you Guys for updated work you do!
Thank you, good job guys!