Bugs Squished, AJAX on the way!
It hasn’t been mentioned here yet but the jQuery IRC channel is pretty happenin’ – there’s at least a couple of us in there at all times. We’ve been busy hunting down bugs and I’ve been busy fixing them, here’s a quick run down of what’s been fixed in the past couple days:
- hide()/show() operations now work consistently in all browsers, even for weird use cases.
- A number of Prototype 1.3 + jQuery and Prototype 1.4 + jQuery bugs have been handled, there should be no problems using Prototype and any of the extra modules now.
- Problems with the .toggle() method not restoring display: inline properly.
- document.ready() can now be called multiple times – all functions are added to a queue.
- Weird browser-specific attributes are auto-corrected (like for=htmlFor, class=className, and float=cssFloat).
What is there to look forward to this weekend? A lot. An AJAX module has been in Alpha testing and is ready to see some action, along with some new effects (fadeIn/fadeOut), new selector methods (.ancestor(), .siblings(), etc.), and a bunch of helper methods (.text(), .value(), .visible(), etc.). If you want to see something explored in particular, feel free to drop me an email or visit the mailing list.
Wow, development for this is really moving fast. Looking great! :)
Have tried to get the following code to work:
//Code for example B
The code seems to slideUp and then slideDown and then slideUp and then break. Any suggestions ?
Pingback: Lá»ŠCH Sá»¬ HÃŒNH THÃ€NH VÃ€ PHÃT TRIá»‚N Cá»¦A JQUERY : BLOG THIáº¾T Káº¾ WEB
Pingback: Lá»ŠCH Sá»¬ HÃŒNH THÃ€NH VÃ€ PHÃT TRIá»‚N Cá»¦A JQUERY - Thiáº¿t káº¿ website chuyÃªn nghiá»‡p !!