jQuery 1.5.2 RC 1 Released
Progress is moving along well on the second update of jQuery 1.5 – we’re pleased to announce the release of its first release candidate! Barring any major bugs this should be the code that we end up shipping for jQuery 1.5.2 (which will be happening on March 31st).
jQuery 1.5.2 Release Candidate 1
You can get the code from the jQuery CDN:
You can help us by dropping that code into your existing application and letting us know that if anything no longer works. Please file a bug and be sure to mention that you’re testing against jQuery 1.5.2 RC 1.
We want to encourage everyone from the community to try and get involved in contributing back to jQuery core. We’ve set up a full page of information dedicated towards becoming more involved with the team. The team is here and ready to help you help us!
jQuery 1.5.2 RC 1 Change Log
The current change log of the 1.5.2 release.
- #6158 Fixed replaceWith from throwing errors on non existant elements.
- #7340 We now use a single capturing handler to simulate bubbling focusin/focusout event on non-IE browsers. Allows native DOM methods to fire events other than the currently active one back into jQuery.
- #8353 Reverted. Adds a catch block in resolveWith so that the finally block gets executed in IE7 and IE6. Fixes #8438 – an issue where the full functions stack wasn’t visible when debugging in Google Chrome.
- #8380 Make it so that $(‘:text’) matches <input> as ‘type=text’ is the implied default.
- #8421 Makes sure resolveWith can be called with only one parameter.
- #8423 Never set X-Requested-With header automagically for cross-domain requests. Fixes an issue where all cross-domain ajax requests are pre-flighted and require extra additional options.
- #8456 Fixed an issue where trigger(‘mouseover’) was no longer triggering mouseenter. We make sure parent is not null before crawling into its lap, so mouseenter is triggered on a mouseover event.
- #8509 Makes URL regexp less overzealous and ensures it recognizes URL schemes which do not contain a conformant hierarchical structure (as per section 2.1.2 of #http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2718.txt). Also adds about: and adobe air’s app: and app-storage: to the list of local protocols and provides a failover in case document.location is illformed.
- #8536 Introduced submodules to the jQuery repository on GitHub.
- #8381 Fixed .is(“div”) to work on disconnected nodes in IE 9.
- #8316 Fixed .offset() setter on fixed elements in WebKit.
- #3333 Fixed incorrect .css(“marginRight”) in WebKit.