Sorry about the unplanned hiatus last week. Not sure how long I’m going to be able to sustain this, but here we go again with another weekly roundup of jQuery news…
jQuery + Server-Side Solutions
A common complaint in the earlier days of jQuery was that there wasn’t enough information on how to integrate jQuery with server-side languages (or frameworks), so it’s nice to see a proliferation of tutorials in this area. Here are a few of the recent ones:
- ColdFusion: Validating Common Email Domain Misspellings using ColdFusion and jQuery. Incorporates the Autocomplete plugin.
- ASP.NET: Walkthrough: full example of using MvcContrib grid with jQuery datatable
- Ruby on Rails: Add jQuery datagrids to your Rails applications
- PHP: PHP Contact Form with JQuery Validation
- Eric Garside’s jStore plugin “allows users to access a number of different client-side storage engines through a single, convenient interface.”
- Inspired by James Padolsey’s article Introducing: JSHTML, Ben Nadel put together a jQuery Comments() Plug-in To Access HTML Comments For DOM Templating.
- Horizontal Accordion: Just released 2.0 Alpha version.
- jqPlot now joins the popular Flot plugin as a fully client-side charting solution.
- jCart: a free jQuery/PHP-based shopping cart.
Don’t forget to check out This Week in jQuery UI, vol. 6.