This Week in jQuery, vol. 3
Another week, another collection of links to some of the most interesting and exciting new jQuery happenings around the web.
- JÃ¶rn Zaefferer’s wildly popular Validation plugin just got updated to version 1.5.2, which includes a slick demo of the plugin’s integration with jQuery UI Tabs.
- DataTables: uses “progressive enhancement” to convert a static HTML table into a much more dynamic data table.
- UI.Layout: allows you to “create any UI look you want – from simple headers or sidebars, to a complex application with toolbars, menus, help-panels, status bars, sub-forms.” While not a part of the jQuery UI project, you can combine it with jQuery UI widgets “to create a sophisticated application.”
Tutorials and Blog Entries
- Brandon Aaron wrote an informative article about jQuery’s Special Events.
- Marc Grabanski posted his first in a series of tutorials on jQuery and Google Maps.
- Steve Reynolds pointed to a handful of jQuery plugins that use Google APIs
A number of tutorials for incorporating jQuery with Microsoft tools have been written recently:
- Consuming REST service using jQuery in WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
- jQuery live() and ASP.NET Ajax asynchronous postback
Calling jQuery directly from Silverlight
Find out what has happened this week in jQuery UI